As of September 23rd elektron-users has been replaced by elektronauts.com. Find out what this means here.
Elektron-Users Elektron Forum Elektron Lounge Re:EU Album: MACHINE (1 viewing)
Go to bottom Post Reply
TOPIC: Re:EU Album: MACHINE
Re:EU Album: MACHINE 14 Years, 2 Months ago
I will submit the tracks tomorrow. I have been waiting to hear from my collaborator, but he has gone missing. (He's probably just busy. No biggie.)
  The topic has been locked.
Game & Watch
I had finally put lots of things together and rehearsed this month with the intention to record it during the week-end but my Yamaha hard disk recorder does not work properly anymore.

King Koopa
I dont have anything new to send in. Ive been very busy with school stuff lately. Sorry guys.

(i feel like a turbonerd for being a slacker with everything )
Admin
hey ya'll, just send some of your music in. don't sweat about it so much.

if it was made with an elektron machine, we'll take it. there was no rule stating it had to be made specifically for the machine project. obviously some connection to the concept would be preferable, but in the end, it's just an elektron music compilation made from love and for a good cause.

go on then...
Thanks for letting me participate!!

Few questions:
When do we find out the results?

If our track doesn't make it I hope it's cool to post it online or do what we wish with it?

If our track does make it can we post a clip and a link to buy the albulm on our own sites?

Has a charitable organization been chosen?

Cheers!!
microluv
Jared
Admin
tIB was here
bit short as on m-web... selection will take a month, if it doesnt make it its still your track so can do whatever with it... clip is good idea.charity is most likely wwf.
Chain Chomp
MDUW mkI / MnM mkII
well I missed the boat, cheers apple!

what a great community!

thanks all to who made this possible anyway!

hopefully there is a volume 2...

cant wait to here the tracks.

peace
Admin
tIB was here
Re:EU Album: MACHINE 14 Years, 1 Month ago
id love to see this become a yearly project; if other forists would like that i think people should start thinking how they would like to get involved for the next project...
Admin
tIB wrote:
id love to see this become a yearly project; if other forists would like that i think people should start thinking how they would like to get involved for the next project...

I like the idea a lot. There are an endless number of ways we can do this, with a new theme for each release. Personally I like the idea of exchanging sysex'es and remixing.

I think it's important to work on the marketing though. Not saying we haven't done that now, just thinking that we're putting a lot of time and effort into this, so it would be a shame if it doesn't reach out to a larger audience.

A similar project is being cooked up at the Serge quadslope forum btw. It looks to be a semi-annual release, possibly published through tunecore.com.
Admin
Sorry to hear about several people here not being able to participate. So I'll reiterate Mr Kirlian's words; if you have a quality track ("Elektron loud and proud") that you haven't used for other projects/releases, we'll take it!

The MACHINE concept is wide, with a lot of possible interpretations. Go through the list of suggested track names, and try to make a connection between a fave track of yours and the concept.

Here's the concept again:
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=533&Itemid=30

And here's the thread discussing track names:
http://elektron-users.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=28&func=view&id=75968&catid=13

Now get to it! Millions are waiting for this much anticipated release from the world's best forum!
Go to top Post Reply